These terms and conditions apply to the Service(s), which customer have ordered and which are shown on the Moving Agreement Form (Bill of Landing)
In this Agreement the words and expressions listed below shall have the following meanings:
Carrier: the Company (Sokol Moving Inc) providing transportation for your household goods.
Customer: a Customer – a person or entity that hires а household goods carrier.
Moving Agreement Form (Bill of landing): the contract between the mover and the customer, please ensure that you read carefully in full and understand all terms and conditions before finalizing your booking.
Accessorial (Additional) Services: Moving services such as packing, appliances servicing, unpacking or extra pick-up and/or extra deliveries that you request to be performed (or are necessary because of customer requirements or other special circumstances).
Advanced Charges: Charges for services of others engaged by an agent or the carrier at customer request. These charges applies to your bill of lading.
Binding and Non-Binding Estimate:
Binding – when the mover guarantees a fixed cost estimate based on the specific given inventory list.
Non-Binding – is the estimated total cost of the entire move, based upon the movers‘ previous experience and the accessorial services requested.
Inventory: the detailed list of your household items, describing the quantity and condition of each item.
Valuation Protection: is coverage for items that are lost, destroyed, or damaged during a move, and it is the carrier’s maximum level of liability. Valuation coverage is not insurance.
Declared Value: is the amount a customer stated to the carrier that his/her shipment is worth.
Released Valuation: is the basic coverage that is contained in all contracts for moving of household effects and is included in the cost of your move.
Long Carry (Walking Distance): is a charge that may appear on your bill of landing if the movers have a long distance to carry things from your home to the truck or vice versa.
Replacement Valuation (PVP): It simply means that, if a damaged item cannot be repaired to its original condition, it will be replaced at today’s market price.
Third Party: Services performed by someone other than the carrier at customer request or as required by federal, provincial or local law.
Bulky Article/Item: Items such as boats, snowmobiles, canoe, etc usually carry a bulky article charge to compensate the carrier for the difficulty of loading and unloading such articles, and their unusual bulk or low weight density.
Unpacking: the removal of your goods from boxes and crates, and the disposal of such containers and packing materials.
Shipper: the person (customer) whose goods are being moved.
PBO (Packed By Owner): articles packed into boxes or crates by customer, not the carrier.
The Customer is responsible for the following:
Customer or customer’s representative must be present on move day at the time of packing and loading/unloading process to authorize the move, do a quick final walk through, and sign all documents such as the Moving Agreement Form (Bill of Landing) or/and Inventory List. Our time runs until final payment is completed (exemptions for businesses, agreed ahead of time to pay after invoice within 30 days).
- Customer’s responsibly to packing his/her household goods/personal belongings into appropriate boxes, unless the Customer purchases packing services from the carrier;
- Customer’s responsibility to ensure that there will be a place for the moving truck to park on move day. In case of any packing tickets or truck inspection fee issued to carrier, customer agrees is obligated to reimburse us the entire amount stated on the ticket. The fee shall be added to the final bill.
- Its customer’s responsibility to ensure items such as freezers, or any other appliances, and electronics have been serviced (disconnected and reconnected, defrosted, cords wrapped) and are ready for transportation on moving day.
Customer’s responsibility to ensure that during the winter time, the snow must be shoveled off the driveway, make sure your porch stairs are well-cleaned and salted or sanded. Any sidewalks associated with moving area, such as your front or back yard, has to be cleaned and salted for safety purposes. The crew can assist with snow and ice removal at an additional cost. In case of a snow or ice storm, jobs may be cancelled to avoid bodily injury or equipment damage and will be rescheduled beginning the first available date after the storm or as our schedule allows.
- Customer must allow the carrier to perform their work without any Customer interference or participation;
- Customer must inform the carrier of any items which require special attention or are of an unusual size or weight including any items too large to fit through stairways or doorways;
- Customer’s responsibility to ensure that service elevator booked on a move day for each location (applicable for buildings that have installed elevators) In case if building does not have installed elevators, then stairs surcharge might be applied to customer final bill. If building has both elevator and a stairs, the priority will be given to elevator.
The Customer agrees to the following payment terms:
- The Customer shall pay the carrier the final payment immediately upon completion of the job.
Payment shall be in a form of cash, e-transfer, VISA or Master credit card, debit card or certified cheque or corporate cheque, and must be discussed and agreed before booking process starts. Please note, any credit cards payments will result 2% processing fee on a top of the charge. We do not accept American Express credit card.
- The Customer agrees to pay all applicable extra charges, at the rates set out in Moving Agreement Form.
- If for any reason Customer decides to stop moving at any time prior to its completion, Customer is obligated to pay for the time that carrier spent from the start up until the moment when carrier movers have stopped working.
- In the event of non-payment, the Customer agrees to pay interest on any past due balance at the rate of 45% per annum. If any action is required in any effort to collect outstanding debt arising out of this Moving Agreement Form, the
- Customer agrees to pay all expenses incurred by the carrier, including but not limited to reasonable legal fees, collection fees, court fees and other cost related to such case.
- If the Customer refuses to pay for the services, carrier reserve the right to transfer all goods to our own designated storage. In that case Customer will be responsible for all prior, and future hours worked, packing materials, storage fees, transportation time from Customer’s place to the secured carrier location and from secured carrier location to the Customer’s place.
- The Customer agrees to pay the agreed upon hourly rate for any waiting time or delay that is not due to the fault of the carrier; if the job is billed based on a flat fee, the Customer agrees to pay an hourly rate of $40 per mover for any such delays. Hourly rate begins when the carrier arrives at the place of origin address and ends upon completion of the job.
- The Customer agrees to pay the carrier for a minimum of three hours. The hourly rate is charged in ½ hour increments. Ten minutes into the next ½ hour the carrier will round to the next full ½ hour.
- The carrier movers shall be allowed one 15 minute break every 2 hours. If the job is billed on an hourly rate, the time spent on these breaks is included in the total number of hours worked and charged to Customer at the hourly rate.
- If Customer might have various quantities of items not included in the original estimates – carrier do not guarantee that all goods can be fit in the truck in one trip. In that case, if possible, carrier provide another truck and extra movers. Arriving time, size of additional truck and number of extra movers depend on the carrier’s availability. Additional truck will be provided at a separate charge. Extra movers will be charged at $60 per mover per hour. Extra pickups and/or deliveries, removal and /or replacement of doors, packing last minute done at the request of the carrier, and any service considered out of the ordinary may incur additional charges.